Most small business websites are built using WordPress. Because of its popularity, it is also one of the hottest targets for hackers and spammers.
Do you want to protect your small business website from hackers, but the thought of doing technical stuff sends you into a panic attack?
Are you not sure if your site is being backed up or how to get it back if everything crashes?
Do you know how to log into your website and know (or can track down) who hosts your website?
Then this course is for you!
There are some super simple things that anyone can do to increase the security of their website – and you don’t need to speak fluent nerd to do it.
In this course you will learn and implement a range of techniques to make your website more secure.
This course is designed for beginners to help you quickly and easily add in layers of security to your website to keep you safe from hackers, without needing to call on a web designer or security expert.
What You’ll Learn
- Why hackers target small business websites
- The most common website hacks
- Why who you host with matters
- How to stop your domain name from being stolen
- The key information about your online presence that you need to keep handy (Includes an easy to fill in template)
- How to automatically back up your website and restore it in case of emergency
- Password essentials
- The core WordPress settings you need to change TODAY for greater security
- Why your username is the number one source of website hacks
- How to safely update your WordPress website
- Which tech things you can automate and what you need to manually check
- How Google can help you keep an eye on your website
- How to stop contact form spam and comment spam dead
- What plugins to add to your site for greater security (and which to delete)
- How to check if you have been hacked
- What to do if the worst happens
Each step is clearly explained with screenshots and videos, so you will never be left wondering what you need to do, where you need to go or which button to click.
Who is the course for?
DIY Website Owners
Micro and small business owners, and entrepreneurs who look after their own WordPress website.
Web Designers/Graphic Designers
We all had to start somewhere, so learning how to make the websites you build more secure is a critical technical skill.
If your office admin also looks after your website, then they need to know how to keep your site safe and secure.
VAs who look after websites for their clients, or want to add it as a service for their business.